Mushroom, spinach & potato pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A low fat, superhealthy, vegetarian midweek meal - you can even freeze any leftovers for later
- 400g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g mushroom , such as chestnut, shiitake and button
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 250ml vegetable stock (made from half a low sodium vegetable stock cube)
- 300g cooked new potatoes , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 heaped tbsp light crème fraîche
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- 300g each green beans and broccoli, steamed
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Wilt spinach in a colander by pouring a kettleful of hot water over it.
- STEP 2
Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry mushrooms on a high heat until golden. Add garlic and cook for 1 min, then tip in stock, mustard, nutmeg and potatoes. Bubble for a few mins until reduced. Season, then remove from the heat; add crème fraîche and spinach. Pour into a pie dish and allow to cool for a few mins.
- STEP 3
Brush filo with remaining oil, quarter sheets then loosely scrunch up and lay on top of pie filling. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden. Serve with vegetables.