- 3 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 200g button mushroom, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed
- 1 sprig thyme
This popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mint…
- 150ml dry sherry
- 1 tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 150ml beef stock or brown chicken stock (could be made with a good bouillon powder)
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
A condiment made by mixing the ground seeds of the mustard plant with a combination of…
- 2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the mushroomswith the garlic and thyme, stirring until softened.
Pour in 100ml sherry and cook until reduced to a glaze, about 3 mins. Add the vinegar and cook for a few secs more. Mix in the remaining sherry and the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 mins.
Remove the garlic and thyme, then mix in the crème fraîche and mustard. Pour in any juices from the steak, then add the parsley.