Mushroom, sherry & grain mustard sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g button mushroom , quartered
- 1 garlic clove , lightly crushed
- 1sprig thyme
- 150ml dry sherry
- 1 tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 150ml beef stock or brown chicken stock (could be made with a good bouillon powder)
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the mushroomswith the garlic and thyme, stirring until softened.
- STEP 2
Pour in 100ml sherry and cook until reduced to a glaze, about 3 mins. Add the vinegar and cook for a few secs more. Mix in the remaining sherry and the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 mins.
- STEP 3
Remove the garlic and thyme, then mix in the crème fraîche and mustard. Pour in any juices from the steak, then add the parsley.