Mushroom & olive tatins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ready in 40 mins
- Serves 2
- 2 x 250g packs Portabellini mushroom , stalks removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 sheet puff pastry , from a 425g pack
- 2 tbsp pine nut
- 6 kalamata or green olives , chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp vegetarian tapenade
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- few toasted pine nut and chopped olives
- handful rocket leaves
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9. Spread the mushrooms, stalk side up, on 2 baking trays. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with thyme, then season well. Roast for 12 mins until juicy.
- STEP 2
Take two 15cm sandwich cake tins. Unravel the pastry, then using the tin as a guide, cut two circles. It’s best to put the tins on the pastry before cutting to get the best possible fit – you may need to patch one of the rounds slightly with some pastry trimmings.
- STEP 3
Arrange the mushrooms, overlapping (one up, one down) in the tins and scatter with pine nuts and olives. Spread tapenade over one side of the pastry, then place, tapenade side-down, on top of the mushrooms.
- STEP 4
Bake for 15 mins, then tip onto plates. To serve, combine the oil, vinegar, pine nuts, olives and rocket and pile on top of the tarts.