- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4 as a starter or snack
- 5g dried wakame seaweed
- 1l dashi (shop bought or see tip)
- 200g fresh silken tofu , or firm if you prefer, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 tbsp red miso paste
- spring onion , finely chopped, to serve
- STEP 1
Put the wakame in a small bowl and cover with cold water, then leave it for 5 mins until the leaves have fully expanded.
- STEP 2
Make the dashi (see tip below) or heat until it reaches a rolling boil. Add the tofu and cook for 1 min before adding the seaweed.
- STEP 3
Reduce the heat. Put both types of miso in a ladle or strainer and dip it into the pot. Slowly loosen up the miso with a spoon inside the ladle or strainer; the paste will slowly melt into the dashi. Once all the miso is dissolved into the soup, turn off the heat immediately. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions to add colour and fragrance.