Lemony rice & peas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
- 300g brown basmati rice
- 75ml olive oil
- 200g frozen pea
- 410g can lentil , rinsed and drained
- 410g chickpea , rinsed and drained
- juice 2 lemon
- 2 bunches spring onions , finely sliced
- large bunch coriander , chopped
- STEP 1
Cook the rice in a large pan of boiling water for about 15 mins, drain and drizzle with a little of the olive oil, then leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Boil a kettle and pour the water over the peas in a small bowl. Leave them to defrost, then drain. In a large bowl, mix the rice with the peas, lentils, chickpeas, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and the spring onions. Season to taste. The rice salad can now be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days. Remove from the fridge about 30 mins before serving, then stir through the coriander.