Lemon, broccoli & sesame roast chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 chicken leg portions, cut into thighs and drumsticks
- 2 lemons , juice of 1, the other cut into 8 chunks
- 200g thin-stemmed broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- thumb-sized piece ginger , finely shredded
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the chicken and lemon chunks in a large roasting tin, season with pepper, then roast for 30 mins until the chicken is turning golden.
- STEP 2
After 25 mins, bring a little water to the boil in a frying pan, add the broccoli, cover and steam for 3 mins until bright green and almost tender, then drain.
- STEP 3
Tuck the broccoli around the chicken, scatter the garlic and ginger over and around the meat, then splash over the lemon juice, soy and honey. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Roast for another 15 mins until the chicken is golden and tender, and juices look sticky. Drizzle with sesame oil, then serve the chicken, broccoli and juices with rice.