Lamb steaks with Moroccan spiced rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 100g basmati rice
- ½ stock cube or 1 tsp stock powder
- 4-6 lamb chops, depending on size, or 2 lamb leg steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
- 4 dried apricots , chopped
- chopped parsley or coriander
- 1 lemon , cut into wedges
- STEP 1
Put the rice in a pan with water to generously cover, and add the stock cube or powder. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-12 mins, until the rice is tender. Drain well.
- STEP 2
Heat the grill and season the steaks or chops. Grill for 3-4 mins on each side until cooked to your liking.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and fry gently for 5 mins until lightly coloured. Add the garlic and pine nuts, then fry until the nuts are lightly toasted. Stir in the spices, then add the apricots and rice and mix well, heating everything through. Stir through the parsley or coriander and serve with the steaks or chops, adding the lemon wedges for squeezing over.