Lamb with lemon & dill
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 1¼ hours
- Serves 2
- 350g ready diced lamb
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 300ml hot chicken or vegetable stock (a cube or powder is fine)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 bay leaf
- 300g salad potatoes , thickly sliced
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche (half fat is fine)
- STEP 1
Toss the lamb in the flour with a little salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan, add the onion and fry for 5 mins until softened. Add the lamb and stir well until tinged brown.
- STEP 2
Stir in the stock, 2 tablespoons of the dill and the bay leaf. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 mins.
- STEP 3
Add the potatoes and lemon juice and cook for a further 30 mins until the potatoes are tender. Serve in soup plates or individual dishes with a spoonful of crème fraîche and a scattering of lemon zest and dill on each serving. Some crusty bread on the side will be useful for mopping up all the juices.