Lamb kebabs with peppery lime marinade
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 600g lean lamb neck fillet
- 2 green chillies , seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , roughly chopped
- ½ tsp cracked black peppercorns
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom or crushed cardamom seeds
- juice of 2 large limes
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- salad of red onion rings, halved cherry tomatoes and crisp lettuce
- warm naan bread , torn into pieces
- mint chutney
- STEP 1
Cut the lamb into 2cm thick slices and tip into a bowl. Blitz the chillies in a blender with the garlic, peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom, lime juice and oil. Pour it over the lamb and mix well. Cover the bowl tightly with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- STEP 2
Thread the lamb onto steel or soaked wooden skewers and cook under a preheated grill for 7-10 minutes, turning once.When the lamb is tender, tip any juices from the grill tray into a small saucepan. Cook on a medium heat until syrupy.
- STEP 3
Pour the spiced glaze over the juicy kebabs and serve with the salad, ripped up naan and Mint chutney (see 'Goes well with').