Lamb burgers with tzatziki
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 25g bulghar wheat
- 500g extra-lean lamb mince
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove , very finely crushed (optional)
- oil , for brushing
- large burger buns , sliced tomato and red onion, to serve
For the tzatziki
- 5cm piece cucumber , deseeded and coarsely grated
- 200g pot thick Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped mint , plus a handful of leaves to serve
- STEP 1
Tip the bulghar into a pan, cover with water and boil for 10 mins. Drain really well in a sieve, pressing out any excess water.
- STEP 2
To make the tzatziki, squeeze and discard the juice from the cucumber, then mix into the yogurt with the chopped mint and a little salt.
- STEP 3
Work the bulghar into the lamb with the spices, garlic (if using) and seasoning, then shape into 4 burgers. Brush with a little oil and fry or barbecue for about 5 mins each side until cooked all the way through. Serve in the buns (toasted if you like) with the tzatziki, tomatoes, onion and a few mint leaves.