Korean-style fried rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 350g rump steak
- 250g mushrooms (we used chestnut), sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 200g beansprouts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce (we used sriracha), plus extra to serve
- 500g cooked rice (200g/7oz uncooked)
- bunch spring onions , sliced
- 4 eggs
- STEP 1
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan over a high heat, season the steaks and cook for 2-3 mins each side. Remove from the pan and leave to rest.
- STEP 2
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a separate frying pan, stir-fry the mushrooms until softened, then stir in the garlic, beansprouts, soy and chilli sauce. Cook for another 2 mins, then add the cooked rice and heat through. Stir in the spring onions and keep warm.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in the pan that you fried the steak in. Add the eggs and fry until done to your liking. Slice the steaks and spoon the rice into bowls. Top each one with the sliced steak, an egg and a drizzle of chilli sauce.