- 350g packet frozen fruits of the forest, defrosted
- 3 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp no-added-sugar wild blueberry jam (we used St Dalfour, from larger supermarket branches)
Blueberries are one of the few edibles native to North America and credited with being…
- 6 medium-sized ripe pears, peeled, quartered and cored
Like apples, to which they are related, pears come in thousands of varieties, of which only a…
- 50g fresh white breadcrumb
- 25g butter, melted
Butter is a dairy product made from separating whole milk or cream into fat and…
Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5/ fan 170C. Mix the fruits of the forest in a large bowl with the sugar and jam, then add the pears and toss to mix. Tip into a deep baking dish measuring about 18x28cm, cover with foil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Pierce a pear or two to see if they are really tender; if not, return dish to the oven for another 5 minutes or until they feel soft.
Mix breadcrumbs with the butter and scatter over the fruit. Bake uncovered in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Serve hot.