- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 8 thyme sprigs, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
- rice & peas, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. With a stick blender or in the small bowl of a food processor, whizz together the jerk seasoning, coconut cream, chilli, spring onions, thyme, garlic and ginger. Stir in the lime zest and juice, and season to taste.
- STEP 2
Slash the chicken thighs down to the bone a couple of times, then smear over the jerk paste. Roast in the oven for 45-50 mins until golden brown and cooked through. Sprinkle over more thyme and serve with rice & peas.