Healthy full English
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 small onion , finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , 1 crushed, 2 whole
- 1 heaped tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 400g can cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt brown sauce
- 300g Portobellini or chestnut mushrooms , halved
- 3 thyme sprigs , plus extra to serve
- 400g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 8 chipolatas
- 4 medium eggs
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a small saucepan. Add the onion and fry over a medium heat for 8-10 mins, or until softened and starting to turn golden brown. Add the crushed garlic and paprika and cook for 1 min more, then add the beans, chopped tomatoes and brown sauce and bring to the boil. Lower to a simmer and cook for 10-12 mins, stirring occasionally. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, toss the mushrooms, thyme and cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin with the remaining garlic and oil. Roast for 12 mins until the mushrooms and tomatoes are soft, then remove from the oven and cover to keep warm. Turn the grill to its highest setting. Put the chipolatas on a foil-lined baking sheet and grill for 4-5 mins on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- STEP 3
Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and swirl vigorously with a wooden spoon to create a whirlpool. Once the whirlpool has almost subsided, tip in one egg, then lower the heat and gently cook for 3 mins. Scoop out with a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining eggs. Serve the roasted veg with the sausages, eggs and beans, season and scatter with thyme leaves.