Hazelnut & chocolate cookie sandwiches
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus cooling
- Makes 12
How do you make chocolate chip cookies even better? Stuff them with chocolate! These hazelnut & chocolate cookie sandwiches are the ultimate indulgence
- 120g unsalted butter , softened
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 75g golden caster sugar
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 medium egg , lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g milk chocolate , roughly chopped
- 70g skinless hazelnuts , roughly chopped and toasted
- 120g chocolate hazelnut spread
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and set aside.
- STEP 2
- STEP 3
Scoop the dough onto the baking sheets in 24 heaps, well spaced apart. Bake for 10-12 mins or until lightly golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheets. Spread 1 tsp of chocolate spread on the bottoms of half the cookies, then sandwich with the other halves. Will keep in a cake tin or airtight container for up to five days.
CHOCOLATE COOKIE SHAKE
Put a few cookies into a blender with just enough chocolate ice cream and milk to make a thick shake, then blend until smooth. If you fancy it, add a splash of bourbon for the grown-ups.