Ham & olive lasagne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 fat garlic clove , crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomato with herbs
- 8 slices ham
- generous handful green olives
- 2 eggs
- 150g pot mild natural yogurt (bio works well)
- 50g cheddar , grated, plus a handful extra for the top
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put the lasagne sheets into a large bowl and pour over just-boiled water. Leave to soak for 5 mins, then drain. Meanwhile, heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan, then fry the garlic for 1 min. Add the tomatoes, then simmer for 5 mins until reduced a little. Season to taste, then tip into a bowl.
- STEP 2
Layer the pasta sheets, ham (keep this in slices), tomato sauce and olives in the pan, making sure you have a few olives and some sauce on the top. Don’t be too neat about it, crumple the ham and let the pasta fold around the sauce and olives.
- STEP 3
Beat the eggs, yogurt and most of the cheese together in a jug, season with salt and pepper, then pour over the pasta. Top with extra cheese and black pepper, then bake for about 15 mins until the cheese is golden and the topping is set. Serve with a salad.