- 1 large red onion halved and finely sliced
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 800g ripe vine tomatoes, cut into irregular chunks
- 290g jar red and yellow roasted peppers, drained and roughly chopped
Also known as capsicums, bell peppers, sweet peppers or by their colours, for example red and…
- 1 ciabatta loaf (about 270g), cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g block halloumi, cut into 8 thick slices
A semi-hard chewy, white cheese originating from Cyprus and made from cow's, goat's or…
- small pack basil, leaves picked
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
Put the red onion in a large bowl and mix with the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Leave to sit for 10 mins. Add the tomatoes, peppers, ciabatta and olive oil, and toss together. Leave to sit for 15 mins so that the bread absorbs all the juices.
Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook the halloumi for 3-4 mins each side until golden. Check the seasoning of the salad, then tip out onto a large platter. Top with the halloumi, then roughly tear the basil leaves and scatter over.