- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 170g pot Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested, then cut into wedges for squeezing
- 1 tbsp rose harissa
- 3 tbsp za'atar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 75g plain flour
- 2 x 250g blocks halloumi, cut into fries
- oil, for frying
- handful mint, leaves torn
- STEP 1
Mix the yogurt with the lemon zest and some seasoning, then swirl through the harissa so that you have pockets of hot and cool in the dip.
- STEP 2
On a plate, stir the za’atar into the flour, then roll the halloumi in the mixture so that it’s evenly coated. Heat the oil in a shallow, heavy-bottomed pan or casserole dish until 180C on a cooking thermometer, or a piece of bread browns in 20 secs. Working in batches, carefully lower the halloumi into the oil and cook for 2 mins until crisp and golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
- STEP 3
Sprinkle over the mint and za’atar, and serve with the lemon wedges and the spicy yogurt for dipping.