Halloumi with chickpea salsa & couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g couscous
- 250ml hot vegetable stock
- 400g can chickpeas , drained
- 140g cherry tomato , halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 red chilli , ½ deseeded and finely chopped, ½ sliced
- small bunch each mint and coriander leaves, chopped
- 250g pack halloumi cheese , thickly sliced
- STEP 1
Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over the hot stock. Cover with cling film, leave to stand and swell for 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Make the salsa by mixing the chickpeas with the tomatoes, half the oil and vinegar, the finely chopped chillies and some of the chopped herbs. Season and arrange between 4 serving plates.
- STEP 3
Heat a griddle pan or frying pan. Fry the halloumi for 2-3 mins each side, until golden and lightly charred. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and mix in the rest of the oil, vinegar and herbs with some seasoning. Pile onto the plates next to the salsa and top with the warm halloumi. Garnish with the sliced chillies.