- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus rising time
- Makes 1 loaf (10-12 slices)
- 400g gluten-free white flour (Doves Farm is available at most supermarkets)
- 1 tsp salt
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 284ml buttermilk (or the same amount of whole milk with a squeeze of lemon juice)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1
- STEP 2
Grease a 900g loaf tin, or flour a baking sheet. With oiled hands, shape the dough into a sausage shape for a loaf or a ball for a cob. If making a loaf, place the dough in the tin. For a cob, place it on the baking sheet and score the top with a sharp knife. Cover loosely with a piece of oiled cling film and leave somewhere warm for 1 hr, or until risen by a third or so.
- STEP 3
Bake for 50-60 mins until golden and well risen. Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool for at least 20 mins before cutting.