Gingered chicken patties
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 garlic cloves , roughly chopped
- thumb-sized piece ginger , chopped
- 4 spring onions , roughly chopped
- 4 skinless chicken thighs and 2 skinless breasts, cut into large chunks
- ½ a small bunch coriander , chopped
- 2-3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300g egg noodle
- 250g pack stir-fry vegetable
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- sweet chilli sauce , to serve
- STEP 1
Put the garlic, ginger and spring onions into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the chicken, coriander, fish sauce and seasoning, and pulse again until well combined. Use wet hands to shape the mixture into 12 patties.
- STEP 2
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the noodles following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large pan and fry the patties for 4 mins on each side until cooked through. Remove from the pan, cover and keep warm. Drain the noodles.
- STEP 3
Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the vegetables. Cook over a high heat for 2-3 mins, then add the noodles and soy sauce, stir-frying for a few mins to heat everything through. Serve the noodles and chicken patties with chilli sauce.