- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Makes 10
- 150g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- 1 egg , beaten
- ½ tbsp maple syrup , plus extra to serve
- 200ml full-fat milk or semi-skimmed milk
- vegetable oil , for frying
- 100g pitted dates , chopped, to serve
- 100ml crème fraîche , to serve
- STEP 1
Put the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl with a pinch of salt. Combine the egg, maple syrup and milk in a jug. Gradually add to the dry ingredients, whisking until a smooth, silky batter forms.
- STEP 2
Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat and ladle 2-3 small rounds into the pan. Cook for 1-2 mins until bubbles start to appear on the surface, then flip over and cook for a further 1 min until fluffy. Do this in batches until you have 10 pancakes.
- STEP 3
Serve in a stack, with extra maple syrup, a blob of crème fraîche and dates scattered over.