- 2 low-fat sausages, sliced
- 4 rashers extra lean bacon, all fat removed, chopped
Bacon is pork that has been cured one of two ways: dry or wet. It can be bought as both rashers…
- 150g pack button mushroom, halved, or larger ones quartered
- 8 egg whites, or use 350ml liquid egg whites from a carton
- 3 tbsp milk
One of the most widely used ingredients, milk is often referred to as a complete food. While cow…
- 140g cherry tomato, halved
- 2 x 400g cans reduced salt and sugar baked beans
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- small bunch chives, snipped
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a roasting tin about the size of A4 paper with enough baking parchment to cover the base and sides. Fry the sausages and bacon in a non-stick pan until golden, stirring them often to stop them sticking. Scoop into the tin.
Place the pan back on the heat and fry the mushrooms for about 5 mins until golden, then add these to the tray, too. Whisk the egg whites with the milk and lots of seasoning. Pour into the tin, then dot the tomatoes on top.
Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins, until set. Meanwhile, tip the beans into a pan with the paprika and heat through. Scatter the frittata with the chives and serve with the beans on the side.