Feta-stuffed cannellini nut roast
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 6
- 3 tbsp olive oil , plus extra for the tin and for drizzling
- 1 celery stick , finely chopped
- 2 leeks , halved and sliced
- 400g can cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 100g pistachios , finely chopped
- 50g sundried tomatoes , drained and roughly chopped
- 80g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, grated
- 100g cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp za’atar
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs , beaten
- 50g plain flour
- ½ small bunch of parsley , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted mixed seeds
For the stuffing
- 100g feta , crumbled
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill , plus a few fronds to serve
- 1 lemon , zested
For the broccoli
- 300g purple sprouting broccoli
- ½ tbsp coriander seeds , crushed
- 1 tbsp rose harissa
- STEP 1
Oil the base and sides of a roughly 18cm loaf tin and line with baking parchment. Heat 1½ tbsp oil in a frying pan, tip in the celery and leek, and fry for 10 mins, or until both are softened and translucent.
- STEP 2
Roughly mash the cannellini beans in a large bowl. Stir through the fried celery and leek, pistachios, sundried tomatoes, parmesan, quinoa, za’atar, breadcrumbs, eggs, flour and parsley. Season well.
- STEP 3
For the stuffing, roughly mash the feta with a fork, then stir in the mascarpone, chives, dill and lemon zest. Season.
- STEP 4
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Sprinkle the mixed seeds over the bottom of your lined loaf tin. Pat half the bean and nut mixture into the tin and use a spoon to press out a channel along the middle, roughly 2cm wide. Spoon the feta mixture into the channel, then pat down the remaining bean and nut mixture over the top and around the sides. Cover in foil and bake for 50 mins or up to 1 hr until firm to the touch.
- STEP 5
Toss the broccoli in a baking tray with the coriander seeds, harissa and remaining 1½ tbsp oil. Season and roast on the lower shelf of the oven for the last 20 mins of the cooking time, or until crisp at the edges.
- STEP 6
Serve the nut roast on a platter alongside the broccoli. Drizzle with olive oil and top with the dill fronds.