- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 6 - 8
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved and deseeded
- 500g Greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed or finely chopped
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- small handful of mint leaves or dill sprigs, finely chopped
- STEP 1
Coarsely grate the cucumber along the length to create long strands, tip into a sieve set over the sink or a bowl, mix in a large pinch of salt and set aside for 10 mins. Tip the yogurt, garlic, vinegar and olive oil into a bowl and season with black pepper.
- STEP 2
Squeeze as much liquid out of the cucumber as you can using your hands, then stir through the yogurt mixture along with the mint, taste for seasoning and serve. Can be made a day ahead and chilled – just give it a good stir before serving.