Easy one-pot chicken casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin pulled off and discarded
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 large carrots, cut into batons (no need to peel)
- 400g new potato, halved if large
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- small handful fresh soft herbs, like parsley, chives, dill or tarragon, chopped
- STEP 1
- STEP 2
Stir in the whites of 5 spring onions with 2 tbsp plain flour and 2 chicken stock cubes until the flour disappears, then gradually stir in 750ml hot water from the kettle.
- STEP 3
Throw in 2 large carrots, in batons and 400g new potatoes, bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 mins.
- STEP 4
Take off the lid and simmer for 15 mins more, then throw in 200g peas for another 5 mins.
- STEP 5
Season, stir in 1 tbsp grainy mustard, the green spring onion bits, a small handful of fresh soft herbs and some seasoning.