Crispy salmon with turnip, mandarin & noodle salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 100g buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp stem ginger syrup plus one ball, finely chopped
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 heaped tbsp sesame seeds (black, white or a mixture)
- 3 mandarins or clemantines, 2 peeled and finely sliced, 1 juiced
- 5 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 spring onions , finely shredded into matchsticks
- 4 baby turnips , or 1 large, finely sliced
- 50g Chinese cabbage , finely shredded
- STEP 1
Cook the noodles following pack instructions, then drain and tip into a bowl. Meanwhile, heat the grill. Mix together 1 tsp sesame oil with 1 tsp ginger syrup and brush over the salmon fillets. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds to stick, then grill for 5-8 mins until just cooked through.
- STEP 2
Whisk together the remaining sesame oil and ginger syrup with the mandarin juice and white wine vinegar. Toss this dressing through the noodles to coat, then season.
- STEP 3
Scatter over the chopped ginger, spring onions, turnips, cabbage and mandarin slices, and toss once more to combine. Divide between two plates and top with the salmon to serve.