Crispy chicken & asparagus pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into bite-size pieces
- knob of butter
- 100g asparagus , cut into bite-size pieces
- 100g spring green vegetable (we used baby spinch and defrosted peas)
- 100g ham , torn
- 100ml low-fat crème fraîche
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- STEP 1
Heat grill to medium. Spread the chicken out evenly in a shallow baking dish. Dot with half the butter and grill for 7-10 mins, turning occasionally until cooked through. Meanwhile, put the vegetables in a bowl and pour a kettle of boiling water over them. Leave for 2-3 mins, then drain.
- STEP 2
Scatter the veg and ham over the chicken, dollop on the crème fraîche and season to taste. Sprinkle on the breadcrumbs, dot with remaining butter, then slide under the grill for 5 mins more until heated through and the topping is crisp.