Creamy sprout, hazelnut & leek pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Use up your leftover Christmas Brussels sprouts in this comforting pasta recipe. The dish is healthy and low in calories, making it ideal after those festive indulgences
- ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 leeks , halved and sliced
- 200g Brussels sprouts , ½ chopped and ½ quartered
- 2 garlic cloves , rushed
- 50ml low-salt vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp low-fat crème fraîche
- 350g short pasta (riciolli or fusilli work well)
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan or veggie alternative
- 1 lemon , zested
- ½ small bunch of parsley , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts , toasted
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the leeks and sprouts and cook for 10-15 mins or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Stir through the hot stock and crème fraîche.
- STEP 2
Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain and toss with the leeks and sprouts, parmesan, lemon, parsley and hazelnuts, adding a ladleful of the pasta cooking water if needed to loosen. Season to taste and spoon into four bowls.
BUBBLE & SQUEAK PASTA BAKE
Mix any cold leftover sprout pasta with extra crème fraîche and some grated cheddar (or other cheese). Put in a dish, scatter over more cheese and bake for 20 mins or until golden.