Coconut & turmeric baked chicken thighs
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus marinating
- Serves 4
- 6-8 chicken thighs, skin on, about 130g with bone in
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 250g spring greens or spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 400g cooked rice, to serve
- STEP 1
Put the chicken thighs in a bowl and add the turmeric, cumin, garlic, ginger and 3 tbsp of the coconut milk. Rub the marinade in and leave for at least 15 mins, or longer if you have time.
- STEP 2
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Scatter the onion and spring greens in a baking tray, add the rest of the coconut milk, the maple syrup and 150ml water. Cook in the oven for 10 mins, stirring regularly to wilt the greens. Place the chicken thighs on top, then return to the oven for 30 mins, stirring the greens underneath occasionally.
- STEP 3
Heat the grill and cook for a further 8-10 mins until the skin is crispy. Serve with rice.