For the ceviche
- 1-2 red chillies (depending on how spicy you like things), very finely chopped
- ½ red onion , very finely chopped
- 2 clementines , juiced
- 4-5 limes , juiced
- ½ small pack coriander , chopped
- 2 lightly smoked salmon fillets, skinned and cut into cubes
- 200g pack small peeled cooked prawns , each cut into 3 (or roughly chopped if you're feeling lazy)
- good-quality corn tortilla chips , to serve (I love blue corn chips, available from ocado.com)
For the guacamole
- STEP 1
For the ceviche, mix the chillies, onion, salt, citrus juices and coriander with 1 tsp salt in a large bowl – this is your dressing and, once mixed with the salmon and prawns, it’s known as ‘tiger’s milk’. Mix in the salmon and prawns and leave to sit for 10 mins while you make the guacamole.
- STEP 2
Put the avocado flesh in a mixing bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Mix in the lime juice and 1 tsp salt, then gently stir in the spring onions, tomatoes, coriander and cumin. The guacamole can be made an hour ahead and drizzled with a little extra lime juice so it doesn’t brown.
- STEP 3
Put the guacamole in a serving bowl and push it over to one side of the bowl. Tip the ceviche into the bowl alongside the guacamole. Serve with the corn chips.