Chorizo & cabbage stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 100g piece of spicy chorizo sausage (not cooking chorizo), halved lengthways and shredded
- 1 onion , halved and thinly sliced
- 100g baby Charlotte potatoes , thinly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100g Savoy cabbage , shredded
- STEP 1
Put the chorizo, onion and potatoes in a large non-stick pan. Leave to fry in the oil that comes from the chorizo, stirring occasionally for about 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Tip in the tomatoes with 2 cans of water, add the stock cube, then bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 mins. Add the cabbage, then cover and cook 3-5 mins more until it is just tender. Ladle into bowls and serve.