Chinese pork one-pot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A fast soup with an oriental twist that'll win over friends and family
- 400g pork tenderloin , cut into long thin strips
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- large knob of ginger , peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 200g pack baby leaf green quartered
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped or 1 tsp chilli flakes
- bunch spring onions , whites and greens sliced
- STEP 1
Tip all the ingredients, except the spring onion greens, into a large saucepan, put the lid on and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook, without boiling, for about 8 mins, until the pork has changed colour and the greens are cooked, but still a bit crunchy. Ladle into bowls, scatter with the spring onion and serve with boiled rice or noodles on the side.
Pork tenderloin is a lean fillet that is good for braising, roasting or grilling whole. You can also slice it for stir-fries.