Chinese chicken with pancakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A twist on a favourite takeaway using chicken instead of duck, this dish is perfect for a Friday night in
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce , plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 8 chicken thighs , skin on
- 20 Chinese pancakes (available from Waitrose, Asian supermarkets or Chinese takeaways)
- 1 cucumber , cut into quarters lengthways, then into matchsticks
- bunch spring onions , cut in half lengthways, then into matchsticks
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Mix the hoisin, plum sauce, honey and rice vinegar, then season with a little salt. Arrange the chicken in a roasting tin and brush over half the sauce. Roast for 25 mins, then spread over the remaining sauce and roast for another 25 mins.
- STEP 2
Once the chicken is cooked, steam the pancakes following pack instructions. Shred the chicken, then drizzle over the pan juices and serve with the pancakes, cucumber, spring onions and extra hoisin sauce to spread over.