- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This healthy twist on the traditional waldorf salad with packed with protein, folate, fibre and 2 of your 5-a-day – it's ready in under 30 mins, too
- 170g wholemeal penne
- 2 x 120g pots bio yogurt
- 4 tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp English mustard powder
- 4 spring onions , finely chopped
- 6 celery sticks (320g), finely chopped
- 4 cooked chicken breasts (600g), cut into bite-sized chunks
- 8 walnut halves (22g), broken into pieces
- 150g black seedless grapes , halved
- 8 crisp lettuce leaves from an iceberg lettuce
- STEP 1
Boil the penne for 12 mins until al dente. Meanwhile, make a dressing by mixing the yogurt with the vinegar, mustard and spring onions.
- STEP 2
Add the celery, cooked penne and chicken to the dressing and stir until everything is well coated.
- STEP 3
If you’re following our Healthy Diet Plan and eating straight away, add half the walnuts and grapes to half the salad and serve with half of the crisp lettuce leaves, either as a base or as lettuce wraps. Keep the remainder in the fridge, well covered, for up to three days, then add the nuts, grapes and lettuce when ready to serve.