Cheesy stuffed pancakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4-6
Use cheeseboard leftovers to make these cheesy pancakes. They're great for Boxing Day or a New Year’s Day brunch, and you can make them with just five ingredients
- 350g mascarpone
- ½ small bunch of chives , finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 150g gruyère , comté or other hard cheese, including vegetarian alternatives, grated
- 8 shop-bought unsweetened pancakes (or find a recipe here on bbcgoodfood.com)
- 350g leftover cooked ham or smoked salmon (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat the mascarpone in the microwave for 1-2 mins, or until loosened. Stir in the chives and half of the grated hard cheese, then season generously with black pepper and a good pinch of salt.
- STEP 2
Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Spread the mascarpone mixture over half of each of the pancakes, then top with the ham, if using (or if using salmon, top the pancakes with it just before serving instead). Fold the pancakes in half, then in half again to create a triangle shape and transfer to the baking sheet. Sprinkle over the remaining grated cheese and bake for 15 mins, or until golden and bubbling. Sprinkle over some chives to serve.