- 150g bulghar wheat, rinsed
- 200g leftover Brussels sprouts, halved
The quintessential Christmas dinner veg, Brussels sprouts are throught to have been cultivated…
- 100g cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
A favourite in 1970's British salads (served cooked and pickled in vinegar), beetroot is a…
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small pack parsley, roughly chopped
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
For the dressing
- 75ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 60g blue cheese, crumbled
Put the bulghar in a small saucepan and cover with 300ml water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 mins or until tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a high heat until very hot. Cook the sprouts until char lines appear, then set aside.
Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl with 1 tbsp water and a little seasoning.
In a large bowl, combine the bulghar with the Brussels, beetroot, onion, tomatoes, parsley and some seasoning. Divide between bowls and drizzle with the dressing, serving extra on the side.