Easy vegan tacos
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 175g pack baby corn
- 1 large red onion, sliced (190g)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1large ripe kiwi, halved lengthways (110g)
- 1large tomato, halved (115g)
- 100g wholemeal flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1 large garlic clove
- 15g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp vegan bouillon powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 85g red cabbage, finely shredded
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Pile the corn, red onion and pepper into a large shallow roasting tin and toss with the cumin seeds and oil. Add the kiwi and tomato on one side of the tin and roast for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, mix 60ml water into the flour with the blade of a knife to make a dough. Knead briefly until smooth, then cut equally into four and roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface into a 16cm round tortilla. Cover with a tea towel to stop them drying out.
- STEP 3
Remove the cooked tomato and kiwi from the tin and return the veg to the oven for 10 mins. Remove the skin from the kiwi and scoop the flesh into a bowl with the tomato, garlic, half the coriander, bouillon and paprika. Use a hand blender to blitz to a smooth salsa.
- STEP 4
Heat a large non-stick frying pan, without oil, and cook the tortillas one at a time for a minute on one side and about 10 seconds on the other, until you see them puff up a little. Spread a tortilla with some salsa, top with cabbage and roasted veg, then scatter with the remaining coriander. Add a spoonful more salsa and eat with your hands.