Celeriac, potato & rosemary gratin
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4 - 6
- 6 rashers bacon , chopped (optional)
- 420ml double cream
- 350ml milk
- 2 garlic cloves , sliced
- 1 tbsp rosemary , finely chopped
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 celeriac (about 500g) peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 500g potatoes , peeled and very thinly sliced
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grill the bacon, if using, until cooked and lightly brown, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Bring the cream, milk, garlic, rosemary, chilli and mustard to the boil in a medium saucepan, then turn off.
- STEP 3
Pour a little of the cream mixture onto the bottom of an ovenproof gratin dish. Arrange a layer of celeriac, scatter with bacon, then season. Pour over some more of the cream mixture and repeat the same process, alternating potato and celeriac, finishing with a layer of potato. Cover with the remainder of the cream mixture, then bake for 1-1¼ hrs, until golden and vegetables are tender when a knife is stuck in. Leave to sit for 5 mins, then serve.