Cauliflower & chestnut soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- ½ tbsp olive oil , plus a drizzle to serve
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 1 large cauliflower (about 600g/ 1lb 5oz), cut into florets
- 250ml milk
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 150ml double cream
- 200g pack vacuum-packed chestnuts , roughly chopped
- 25g grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Cook over a gentle heat for 8-10 mins until the onion softens. Add the cauliflower, milk and stock. Bring to a simmer, cooking for 10-12 mins until the cauliflower is tender.
- STEP 2
Add the cream, season well and bring back to the boil. Take off the heat, throw in the chestnuts and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Taste and add more seasoning, if you like. To serve, top with shaved Parmesan, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.