- 100g cashew nut butter
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- 2 wholewheat egg noodles nests
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
Part of the capsicum family, chillies come in scores of varieties and colours (from green…
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1cm-thick strips
- 120g thin-stemmed broccoli, halved
Like cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name…
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 20g unsalted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
In a small bowl, mix together the cashew butter with the soy sauce and 100ml water. Set aside.
Cook the noodles following pack instructions for just cooked, then drain and refresh in a bowl of cold water until needed.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chilli, and fry for 2 mins until softened and aromatic.
Add the chicken and broccoli to the wok. Fry, stirring frequently, for 5-6 mins until both are tender. Drain the noodles and add them to the wok along with the carrot. Toss everything together well with a pair of tongs so that the noodles are heated through. Take the pan off the heat and stir through the cashew sauce.
Serve immediately, topped with the cashew nuts and spring onions.