Cashew chicken stir-fry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This high-carb, protein-packed dish can be on the table in 20 minutes and can help you refuel after exercise
- 100g cashew nut butter
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 wholewheat egg noodles nests
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
- 2 chicken breasts , cut into 1cm-thick strips
- 120g thin-stemmed broccoli , halved
- 1 carrot , cut into matchsticks
- 20g unsalted cashew nuts , roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions , sliced on the diagonal
- STEP 1
In a small bowl, mix together the cashew butter with the soy sauce and 100ml water. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Cook the noodles following pack instructions for just cooked, then drain and refresh in a bowl of cold water until needed.
- STEP 3
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chilli, and fry for 2 mins until softened and aromatic.
- STEP 4
Add the chicken and broccoli to the wok. Fry, stirring frequently, for 5-6 mins until both are tender. Drain the noodles and add them to the wok along with the carrot. Toss everything together well with a pair of tongs so that the noodles are heated through. Take the pan off the heat and stir through the cashew sauce.
- STEP 5
Serve immediately, topped with the cashew nuts and spring onions.