Brown butter sole with peas & mussels
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 50g butter
- 4 lemon sole fillets
- 200g fresh podded pea (or frozen)
- 100g mussel , washed and de-bearded
- small splash of dry cider (about 2 tbsp)
- juice ½ lemon , plus wedges to serve
- large handful pea shoots, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil and butter in a deep frying pan until foaming. Add the fish fillets and cook for 3-4 mins. Carefully turn over and baste with the butter, which should be nut-brown.
- STEP 2
Increase the heat and add the peas, mussels, cider, lemon juice and some seasoning. Cover with a lid and cook for another 3-4 mins until the mussels have opened – discard any that remain closed.
- STEP 3
Scatter with pea shoots and bring the pan to the table with the lemon wedges on the side.