- 250g flat rice noodles (check the packet to make sure they’re vegan)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste (or 2 limes, juiced)
- 2 tsp palm sugar (or soft brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove , thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions , thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 red chilli , sliced
- 200g charred Brussels sprouts left over from Christmas Day, or cook from raw
- 100g beansprouts
- 30g salted peanuts (or any other nuts you might have), roughly chopped, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- STEP 1
First, put the noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover in boiling water and leave for 10 mins. Drain and rinse with cold water, then set aside. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce or tamari, tamarind or lime juice and sugar.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Fry the garlic, spring onions, chilli and the cooked or leftover sprouts for around 2 mins (to cook the sprouts from raw, boil for 8-10 mins until tender). Then, add the noodles and beansprouts and fry for 1 min more. Pour over the sauce and toss well, working quickly to coat all the vegetables and noodles. Once everything is heated through, season and divide between four bowls. Scatter with the nuts and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.