Black bean beef meatballs with stir-fried noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Try out a new idea with beef mince - served in balls in a Chinese sauce with sweet chilli and five-spice
- 300g minced beef
- 200g fresh breadcrumb
- 120g sachet black bean sauce (we used Blue Dragon)
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil , plus a little extra
- 2-3 nests medium egg noodles
- about 400g pack mixed stir-fry vegetables
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- ½ bunch mint , leaves picked
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Make the meatballs by mixing together the minced beef, breadcrumbs, 3 tbsp of the black bean sauce, 1 tbsp each of sweet chilli sauce and ketchup, and 1 tsp five-spice. Shape into walnut-sized meatballs. It will be quite wet, but this is fine – just oil your hands first and roll gently. Transfer to a baking tray in a single layer and cook for 25 mins, turning once, until golden brown.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions, drain and set aside. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Cook the vegetables for a few mins, then add the noodles and remaining black bean, sweet chilli, ketchup, five-spice and the soy sauce, tossing well to coat everything.
- STEP 3
Serve divided between 4 bowls, topped with the meatballs and sprinkled with the sesame seeds and mint.