Beetroot hummus toasts with olives & mint
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 slices seeded wholemeal soda bread
- 210g can chickpeas , drained
- 200g ready-cooked beetroot , sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 30g feta , crumbled
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives , halved
- a few fresh mint leaves
- STEP 1
Toast the bread – if the slices are quite long, halve them first.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, tip the chickpeas into a bowl with half the beetroot, the lemon juice, garlic and oil, and blitz with a stick blender to make hummus. Spread on the toast, top with the remaining beetroot and scatter with feta, olives and mint.