Beetroot & avocado nori rolls with wasabi dipping sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- no cook
- Serves 15, as a canapé
For the dipping sauce
- 1 tsp wasabi
- juice of ½ lime
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For the nori rolls
- 1 beetroot (about 120g), peeled, ends trimmed and spiralized into thin noodles
- 3 sheets of nori
- 1 ripe avocado , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber , ends trimmed, cut in half widthways and spiralized into thin noodles then patted dry to absorb excess moisture
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- STEP 1
Mix all of the ingredients for the dipping sauce together in a small bowl then set aside.
- STEP 2
Cut the spiralized beetroot into thumb-length strips. Lay a nori sheet, shiny side down, onto a sushi rolling mat. Arrange one third of the beetroot, avocado and cucumber in lines across the bottom third of the nori sheet then sprinkle over half the sesame seeds.
- STEP 3
Rolling away from yourself, lift the edge of the nori over the filling and continue folding to create a roll. When you get to the edge of the nori, dampen with a little water then continue to fold, sealing everything together into a tight roll.
- STEP 4
Repeat with the remaining nori and filling. Trim the ends of the roll to neaten them then slice into 5 pieces. Serve with the wasabi dipping sauce.