Roasted vegetables and herbs
Member recipe by lfarrow19
Colourful and appetising dish of vegetables roasted with olive oil and whole garlic cloves - which smells headily fragrant as good as it looks. Cirio Peeled Plum Tomatoes are added just before the end of roasting time for extra juiciness and flavour. An excellent accompaniment to roast meats, chop and stews, and meatballs.
- 1 butternut squash, seeded and in chunks
- 8 medium new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 2 red onions, peeled and in wedges
- 1 medium aubergine, in chunks
- 1 each green and yellow peppers, seeded and in chunks
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- few sprigs rosemary and thyme
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can Cirio Peeled Plum Tomatoes
- Place vegetables in a roasting tin and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Scatter over bay leaves, rosemary sprigs and thyme.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil and toss vegetables around with the hands to coat. Place in a pre-heated oven Gas 6 400F 200C for around 20 minutes, until browning around the edges and almost cooked.
- Remove from oven and tuck Cirio Peeled Plum Tomatoes in between vegetables. Return to oven for another 10 minutes - or until potatoes and squash are tender.