Festive Spiced Rolls.
Member recipe by shelbelle
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Rolls
Delisious served with a cup of Hot Chocolate on a cold Winter's evening.
- 375g Strong white flour.
- 2tsp Caster sugar.
- 200ml Warm water.
- 1tsp Salt.
- 20g Butter.
- 1/2tsp Mixed spice.
- 3/4 Sachet of fast dried yeast.
- 75g Chopped mixed peel (optional)
- In a jug/bowl mix the sugar with 50ml of warm water and the yeast and allow to stand for 5minutes or until frothy.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and mix with the spice. Rub in the butter, then make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture and another 100ml of warm water. Mix to a dough, adding more water if needed.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, then place in a well greased bowl, cover with cling film, and leave in a warm place for 2hours, or until it has at least doubled in size.
- Sprinkle flour on the worktop, and give the dough a good thump then proceed to knead again for 2 or 3 minutes. (If using chopped peel, stretch the dough carefully into a thick square and sprinkle the peel in the middle. Fold the dough in half and knead for a further 2-3minutes).
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on a greased baking tray. Leave the dough in a warm place for 30minutes, or until they have doubled in size.
- Place the baking tray into a preheated oven at gas mark 7 (200°C, 425°F) and bake for 15minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 20minutes then they are ready to be enjoyed!