New York Baked Cheesecake
Member recipe by sdgray22
- 12-14 digestive biscuits (crumbled)
- 120grams butter (softened)
- tubs light cream cheese (you need 600grams)
- 300 grams white granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 250ml single cream
- Crumble the digestives and mix with the softened butter, line the bottom of a springform flan tin (silicone cake dishes work well as the cheesecake is removed easily from them), put in fridge
- Mix together, cream cheese, egg yolks, sugar and cream until you have a thick smooth creamy mixture.
- Beat egg whites until firm and fold in cream cheese mix.
- Pour mixture over the biscuit crumb base.
- Bake at 150C/gas 5 for one hour or until top is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 8 hours (cracks on top of cheesecake are characteristic of this recipe)
- Remove from dish you have baked it in. This luxurious plain cheesecake can be topped with whatever fruit topping you like or left plain. It is very rich.