Perfect Basmati Rice
Member recipe by markandsel
An easy, step-by-step guide to cooking perfect Basmati Rice everytime!
- 1 large handfull of rice per person
- water for boiling
- water for soaking
- knob of butter
- Place Rice in a sieve and rinse well.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain Rice through Sieve and rinse again thoroughly.
- Bring water to the boil and add rice.
- Cook for 5 mins then simmer for a further 7-10 mins or until cooked to your liking.
- Drain rice once cooked and stir the knob of Butter through well.
- The butter will seperate the grains and your rice should be perfect - ENJOY!